Ode To: Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection

11:03:00 AM

UPDATED (6/16) 10:02am PST: The Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection has been restocked online today as well as in store! Go grab yours now!


You might have noticed on some social media and previous posts I was super freaking excited to get the Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection. This week on June 16th - my birthday! - they are releasing the collection (sans the eyeshadow palette, more on that later) in stores so I thought I'd get some pictures up so you could decide if you wanted to try and snag it in stores this week. Get ready to plan your trip to Sephora on Thursday!


The collection originally launched two limited edition products - the Face Palette and the Eyeshadow Palette - and three permanent products - the Shimmering Skin Perfector and the Shimmering Skin Perfector Poured Crème both in Jaclyn Hill's original shade Champagne Pop. They also have included the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Champagne Pop that started this all about a year ago.


The Becca Champagne Collection Face Palette includes two 0.19 oz pressed highlighters in Champagne Pop and her new highlight, Prosecco Pop, and three brand new, exclusive blush shades in Rose Spritz, 0.10 oz.,  Amaretto, and Pamplemousse, both 0.12 oz. This palette sells for $52.

Champagne Pop is the original shade and formula. This is a really warm pinky-peachy gold highlight that is flattering to a range of skintones. The first time I applied it with a smaller, more dense brush and it clung to the first place on my face that I touched it to and it really emphasised my pores. This shade is so pigmented that a little goes a long way and it's best used with a fluffier brush to help diffuse it. It is really pretty and worthy of the hype that surrounds it. I can see this being a highlight I reach for a lot.

Prosecco Pop is a true gold. It's not a really orange or coppery gold. It is a light yellow gold. When you picture a gold bar, this is that color. I think it's really pretty and really pigmented but it's not something that I'll wear on a daily basis, however for special occasions I think this will be exactly the highlight that I'll reach for.

Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse

Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, Rose Spritz, Amaretto, Pamplemousse

Rose Spritz is a bright pop of warm pink with a golden sheen. It is part of the new Luminous Blush line. This blush is very metallic and I would say that you could use this on it's own without needing a highlight. It is a super pretty color and I was excited to try the new formula. I think with a light hand this will be a very pretty everyday color to make you look flushed and glowy.

Amaretto and Pamplemousse are the two Mineral Brush shades. I'm probably in the minority here but Amaretto is my favorite shade of the palette. In the pan, Amaretto looks like a muted rosy-brown that is definitely more brown. I've heard many people say that they consider it a bronzer shade but as I apply it to my cheeks I get a very natural rosy shade that's a little on the warmer brown side. For me it's way too pink to use in place of a bronzer. It's very natural and everyday friendly. I think you can easily put it on the bottom parts of your cheeks underneath either of the other blush shades and use it to blend that brighter shades into your contour. Amaretto is satin not matte and has an ever so slight golden shimmer. I've been wearing TheBalm Balm Desert a lot lately and Amaretto is a darker version of this shade.

Pamplemousse is the perfect hot coral shade that I love during the warm months. Using a light hand is the only way to apply this blush. Everything in this palette is very highly pigmented and this is no exception. It is very hard to get a sheer finish with this, but it's so beautiful. This mineral blush has no shimmer but it still has a satin finish and not at all matte. I really love the variety of all these blushes and think they'll work on a large variety of skin tones. That's a huge reason that I was drawn to this palette.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Face Palette

Aside from the beautiful shades, the packaging is beautiful. It actually has some good weight to it. I don't worry about the delicate powders getting broken when I'm my normal clumsy self. It's going to have to be run over by something pretty heavy to crush it. The whole thing package a highly reflective gold finish that picks up every fingerprint, fleck of dust, and puff of breath. Luckily the front of the palette is white with the gold confetti spray peaking through which makes it a little easier to keep looking nice and clean. The highlights and blushes are all big enough to get even a large brush in the pan and I think there's ample product for the price point. If there's any product in this entire collect that you need to get, it's this one. I can see myself using it all the time.

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection Eyeshadow Palette

Chardonnay, Champagne Toast, Cordial, Cognac, Bordeaux

Chardonnay, Champagne Toast, Cordial, Cognac, Bordeaux

Chardonnay, Champagne Toast, Cordial, Cognac, Bordeaux

The Champagne Collection Eyeshadow Palette came with five gorgeous shades ranging from light to dark. I say came in past tense because it's out of stock online and they have decided to discontinue it for the June 16th in store release. I was kind of hesitant to even mention it, but the pictures were taken way before it was discontinued. I have very little cons to mention about this palette but apparently some of them are not up to par so Becca and Jaclyn Hill have decided to discontinued them. There's no word yet if they are going to release them later after they've found a solution so I'm going to kind of leave it at that. I'll come back and do a full review if they do decide to release it again. If you want more info you can find it here


Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Champagne Collection

As for the permanent releases, I picked up the poured crème version of Champagne Pop. This product sells for $38. If I'd known when I ordered this that it wasn't limited edition I probably would have waited but I'm kind of glad that I didn't at the same time. This product comes in the standard packaging; there is no limited edition packaging for this release. And, there really doesn't need to be. The packaging of these compacts are really sleek looking and easy to grip. It's not my favorite packing ever but it's definitely a nice solid package. It protects the product, it's rugged, and snaps closed tightly so it won't open accidentally in your bag. That's everything you can ask for in a product's packaging.

The crème version of the Shimmering Skin Perfector is my favorite of all the formulas that Becca makes. For me it's easier to get a really natural, more even finish and the crème, I feel, helps achieve a really dewy, glowy result. I know it's not a lot of other people's favorite because it isn't as intense as the other formulas. I like it because it's easier to keep myself from going overboard and it's also a great base for the powders. Apply the crème to the areas you want to highlight and then top with the powder. The crème helps the powder stick, makes you glow like crazy, and it lasts all day long. I have really loved the Rose Gold crème and until Champagne Pop, Opal was my favorite shade. But Champagne Pop is quickly becoming the favorite. Becca can pretty much do no wrong though when it comes to the Shimmering Skin Perfectors so I'm not surprised that I'm so happy with this product.

I did not pick up the Shimmering Skin Perfector, $41, or the Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed, $38,  from this collection since they are permanent. I may grab them later on. The Shimmering Skin Perfector has a lot of really great uses, but that's a lot of product for me to realistically go through. I have a few of these in other shades in the smaller tubes with wands and I love them. Those are a lot more realistic for me to actually use up. I will most likely keep a lookout to see if they sell Champagne Pop in this format in the future. But if the liquid is your favorite format (and I can see why it would be) and you're going to use it on a regular basis then I highly suggest grabbing this with the release; This shade is perfect. I also didn't pick up the pressed compact because it comes in the face palette and it has been around for a while. If you grab the palette you definitely don't need the individual compact unless you plan to throw the smaller one in your bag for travel. They are both the same perfect shade and amazing quality. I didn't feel like I needed both but if you do, I say go for it! The Champagne Pop shade has really stolen my heart and I'm super excited to have it in so many formulations to chose from. Thumbs up to Becca.

If you decide that you have to have the Becca Champagne Collection Face Palette on Thursday, I highly suggest it and wish you the best of luck! I'm really heartbroken that so many people can't get their hands on the eyeshadow palette so I'm crossing my fingers that they release it again at some point.

Let me know if you are able to snag this palette! I'd love to discuss it with you!

Today's Tidbits:

  • This month is flying by! I can't believe it's so late in the month, let alone the year! My birthday party was awesome this past weekend. This coming weekend I have a high school reunion and a hair appointment. Busy month! 
  • I'm so proud! I got all my reading and work done for my class tonight. I'm such a good student.
  • I got another Sephora order delivered yesterday. It's a problem. I'm really freaking excited about this order though! (Let's be honest though. I'm really excited about every order. I really love new stuff!) I'll be getting a post up about it soon. 
**All products were purchased by me for my own purposes. Any links to products are to the stores that I actually purchased them from**

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe