Sephora Holiday 2016 - What I Bought and My Suggestions

5:00:00 AM


It's full-on Halloween in my house currently, but I brought out one of my favorite Christmas decorations to introduce all the Holiday kits that are coming out at Sephora! I did go to the Rouge Preview last week and picked up a couple things that I'm super excited about. I also held, swatched, and looked at many more collections and kits that are new for the holiday season this year. I wanted to share what I picked up and I'll also throw in a few of my other picks. So let's start with what I picked up.

What I Bought


I saw the picture of the Tarte Pretty Paintbox Collector's Makeup Case$59 ($418.00 value), and instantly wanted to go to the preview event to see it in person. I had a feeling that I would be picking this up. I'm a sucker for Tarte's kits. They always tend to be quality and one of the best values if you love all their products. We swatched everything in the store and everything was pigmented and smooth. The amount of products that you get with this kit is pretty amazing:

  • 24 x 0.031 oz/ 0.87 g Amazonian Clay Eyeshadows
  • 0.10 oz/ 2.83 g Tartiest Lash Paint mascara in Black
  • 0.158 oz/ 4.47 g Amazonian Clay Blush in Moment (coral)
  • 0.158 oz/ 4.47 g Amazonian Clay Highlighter in Authentic (champagne)
  • 2 x 0.158 oz/ 4.47 g Amazonian Clay Bronzer in Unique (shimmer), Provocative (matte contour)
  • 0.10 oz/ 2.83 g Rainforest of the Sea So Fine Micro Liner in Black
  • 0.01 oz/ 0.47 g Tarteist glossy lip paint in Ovbi

I'm totally in love with this set. Everything applies beautifully and wears well all day long. I love that this kit contains everything that you need for a full look and I love that it includes tried and true products, such as the Amazonian Clay Eyeshadows and Blushes, as well as new products. I've been loving the Tarteist Lash Paint and Glossy Lip Paints - both were new products this year. This kit would be great to pack for your holiday travels this year; just add your base products, a lash curler and eyeshadow primers and you are good to go.

I wasn't going to pick up the Buxom 6 Degrees Below Sexy Plumping 6 Pc Mini Full-On Lip Polish Collection - $32 ($60.00 value), but my friend swatched the shades and I fell in love. I adore the Full-On Lip Polishes. They plump but never feel painful. They basically just smooth out any lines in your lips. They have a minty scent and flavor and make your mouth feel really fresh once you've applied. The shades are all sheer and can be worn on their own or paired with a coordinating lip liner. The shades range from a glossy topper to a dark cherry red. The shades in this kit include: (0.07 oz each)
  • Dominique (glittering ice)
  • Amy (golden nude)
  • Celeste (prismatic soft peach)
  • Clair (starry plum haze)
  • Starr (brandy cordial)
  • Jasmine (black cherry)
I took the bow from the Buxom set and added it to my light-up tree. I think it was a great addition!

My Picks

I really wanted the Bobbi Brown Bobbi To Glow Shimmer Brick Palette - $69 ($122 value). It swatched beautifully and I have never owned a shimmer brick before. This is a really great way to jump in and try a pretty iconic line of products. This palette contains three shades, 0.34 oz each, in Gold, Wild Rose, and Bronze so it's a great variety. The gold would be beautiful as a highlight, the rose would be great as a blush or blush topper, and the bronze would be great around the face to warm it up. I didn't pick this up just because I knew that I really wouldn't use it but I highly suggest grabbing it if you know that you'll get use out of it.
I walked around the store with the First Aid Beauty FAB Beautique - $48 ($95 value) - in my basket, but ended up putting it back. The kit contains the 6 oz tub of Ultra Repair Cream Intense Hydration, a 0.5 oz bottle of Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum, a 2 oz tube of  Face Cleanser, 28 Facial Radiance Pads, and a 0.34 oz jar of Ultra Repair Intensive Lip Balm. This is a really great value if you already use these products and want to restock or if you want to try out the brand. If the kit had contained the Ultra Repair Hydra-Firm Sleeping Cream, as it's a current favorite and I'm thinking about needing a backup, I probably would have picked it up. I am interested in trying the serum, but I'm not currently in need of one. I probably won't use the cleanser either, and I feel like I'm constantly getting samples of it. I do love the Ultra Repair Lip Therapy in a tube, but I don't much like potted lip balms. Regardless of my reasons for not picking it up, this is a really great kit for a lot of people. If you are one of them - grab it while you can!
I really, really wanted the Bite Beauty The Perfect Bite Set - $25 ($59 value), unfortunately, my friend snatched up the last one. That's okay, she needed it more than I did, and I got the last Tarte Pretty Paintbox Collector's Makeup Case in the store. The set contains four mini (0.05 oz) Amuse Bouche Lipsticks in Fig, Pepper, Honeycomb, Nori in an adorable little tin that is perfect for travel. This set is an amazing value and a great way to try the new formula if you haven't. I actually own Honeycomb and have Fig and Pepper on the Luminous Cream formula. I still kind of want to order the kit though.
I spotted the Maison Margiela REPLICA Discovery Set For Her - $65 ($75.00 value) online and was immediately in love. My adoration for the REPLICA Beach Walk has continued well into Fall and I have considered trying out other REPLICA scents. This kit contains 3 x 0.34 oz Travel sprays in Beach Walk, Lazy Sunday Morning, Tea Escape. I love that these are travel sprays not roller balls. They allow me to liberally mist myself with the scent so that I and everyone around me can experience it to the fullest. I am unapposed to owning another travel-friendly version on Beach Walk and this is a great way to try out Lazy Sunday Morning, and Tea Escape. Grab it before it's gone.
I honestly haven't ever been too excited about Too Faced Holiday sets. I know that puts me in the minoirity, but I never view them as anything very unique. I pick up the things that I like from Too Faced so the holiday kits rarely offer anything that I don't own. I was highly impressed by the Too Faced The Chocolate Shop -  $58 ($312.00 value)  - which includes 18 eyeshadows, a luminizer, the Chocolate Soleil Bronzer, a blush in Chocolate Covered Strawberry (dark pink), deluxe sample sizes of the Shadow Insurance eye shadow primer, Melted Chocolate Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Milkshake (nude cocoa ink), and a Better Than Sex Mascara. I own couple tubes of the Better Than Sex Mascara as well as the Shadow Insurance Primer. I also have a Chocolate Soleil Bronzer somewhere in my collection. I don't think that the Milkshake Melted Chocolate Lipstick is really my color unfortunately. The eyeshadows were beautiful and pigmented. I just didn't see any shades that grabbed my attention and made me want to own the palette. I own so many eye shadows that it takes something special or unique for me to purchase a palette anymore. With that said though, if you don't own a lot of Too Faced and want a really good collection to try out, then this is it. Or if this palette speaks to you in term of shades, the quality is great, so I would say go for it.  

Overall, I'm pretty excited by the Holiday 2016 collections. I think that brands have done a really great job this year. Is there anything that you are loving for Holiday 2016?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe