June Favorites

12:16:00 PM


Dior Addict Fluid Stick in 449 Ciel Rose
When Dior released the Fluid Stick line it was instant love for me. I love the concept. I love the formula. They apply so nice. They wear really well. They feel amazing on. The only problem is that I didn't really find a color that I loved. That was until last year. They released two new permanent shades with the summer collection that I instantly fell for. One was No. 379 Tropiques which is a very pretty pinky coral. It is a little deceiving,  because it looks a little muted in the tube and swatched but on the lips it's pretty bright. Not enough to be super self-conscious over, but still pretty punchy. It's really pretty. My favorite of the two and the one that I've been reaching for this month is  No. 449 Ciel Rose. This one is a brighter medium rosy pink. It looks a lot more nudie in the tube but when worn the brighter rose really shows up a lot more. It's so gorgeous and it makes my lips look glossy and plump and I really love it.
The fluid sticks came to be around the time that a lot of brands were releasing hybrid glossy liquid lipsticks. I think Dior definitely did this trend the best. They last alot longer than a gloss, they are super pigmented, and most shades are opaque. It's also not sticky or tacky and they last a fair amount of time depending on how much you eat or drink. As the gloss wears away it does leave a bit of a stain that lasts for quite a while. They have a gel like texture and do feel hydrating. These are super nice to wear and are very comfortable. In the summer months I refuse to carry a tube of lipstick with me because I'm paranoid that the heat with melt them. This is a really nice product to carry instead. You do need a mirror to apply, but they last long enough that you aren't reapplying often.
I have been super lazy this month and the Urban Decay One & Done Hybrid Complexion Perfector has let me be. I have been smoothing this over my face with my fingertips very quickly to achieve an all-over even skin tone and basically running out the door. Pair it with concealer, mascara, and lipgloss and I really feel done up. I feel like I'm not wearing anything at all, but it has such a nice natural finish. It is definitely not full coverage by any means, but sometimes that not what you want; there's nothing wrong with a little bit of your freckles and "imperfections" showing through. I also love the pump packaging. I think it's so much easier and cleaner to use than tubes with caps. The SPF20 is pretty much a requirement for me. I use a moisturizer with SPF 20 daily but I always like the added protection. There are too many options with SPF; to choose an option without seems silly. I did kind of trade this for my It Cosmetics CC+ Cream and compared to that this one definitely feels lighter. The It Cosmetics cream is definitely thicker and heavier but the finish is full coverage. And then there's the SPF50.  To be honest if I could only use one for the rest of my life it would be the It Cosmetics CC+ cream but I do really really like this Urban Decay one. Luckily I don't have to choose just one. I'm happy to use it every day, especially in this heat. The lesser coverage also allows for an easier and quicker application, which is exactly what I've been loving lately.
The concealer that I've reached for all June is the CoverGirl Smoothers Concealer in Light. I picked it up as an impulse and I was kind of surprised how much I've loved it. It's super easy to apply and blend. For it being a thicker stick concealer, it doesn't sit heavy on this skin. It just melts into the skin. The coverage is really great. I use light which is better for me for under the eyes and places you want to highlight like around the nose and mouth. I apply it directly to my face with the stick on my face. Then I use my Sephora Pro Press Full Coverage Complexion Brush #67 to pick up the concealer off the stick and then apply that to my under eyes. That application method helps keep me from getting too much product on that delicate area. It lasts all day and doesn't crease or slide around on me. This was definitely a pleasant treat for me.
After initially kind of being meh about the Lorac Pro 3 Palette I suddenly decided I wanted it and then I got really impatient waiting for it to arrive in the mail. To hold me over, I ended up pulling out my Lorac Pro Palette and I'm so glad I did. It's a love affair all over again. This, to me, is my most basic palette. A definite staple of my collection. Or rather, the staple in my collection. If I'm looking for a palette to pull off a specific look, this is the palette that I start with. The pigmentation is amazing. The powders are soft and really easy to work with. They can be a little powdery but I have never battled fallout on my face or around my eyes. It might seem a little primitive but I really love that the shade names match the shades. I do love the creative shade names that other brands use but sometimes you just want want to easily find the color you're looking for. Do you need a gold? It's there and it's named Gold. Do you need a taupe color? It's there as well and it's named Taupe. A mauve? Yep. Champagne? Check. Black? Of course. And you don't have to worry about the shade looking the same on your eye as it does in pan because they are very true to color. It's a really easy palette to use and it's super beautiful.
I started with a great look: Gold on the lid, Light Bronze on inner corner to inner third, Taupe through the crease, Champagne on the brow bone, and Espresso in the outer corner. I used to be someone who could only create an eye look with 4 or more eye shadows. The more complex the better.  At some point I realized that no one notices or cares that my eye look consists of 6 different shadows and took me 12 minutes to complete. I still love those looks and I'm really proud my creations but now it's not the only thing that I love to do with my look. Lately I've been really into applying a pretty satin or shimmery shade to my lid, a transition shade through the crease to define, and a light shade to brow bone and inner corner. This new mindset has really opened up a lot of new options for me when I look at an eyeshadow palette. My most common look throughout this month has been Light Bronze on the inner corner and lid, Taupe in the crease, and Cream on the brow bone. If I want to go a little further I'll line my eye with Black or Espresso. This is a really gorgeous everyday look. There's very little blending to do and it's really quick to apply. It's helped me get through a very hectic month with my sanity.
I have a problem with hiding in my little comfort box with mascara. I seem to be able to make even the most stubborn waterproof mascaras smudge and flake so when I find something that works, that's all I want to use. I'm so embarrassed when I look in the mirror at the end of the day and find that I've had mascara all over my face all day. It stresses me out and give me anxiety. That's why I was surprised when I found myself lusting after the Estee Edit The Edgiest Up & Out Double Mascara. There's nothing on the box or even claims on the website that this mascara is even a little bit waterproof. But, as it turns out this mascara totally works for me. It's might be because it does claim to be humidity proof. After I curl my lashes I apply the Lifting mascara focusing on the roots and then I apply a coat of the Volumizing mascara side and I'm good to go. I love the effect. I love the length and volume. I think the brush on the volume side plays a huge part in why my lashes look long and separated. The volume is to die for. This mascara is kind of the embodiment of an enigma for me. It's not waterproof. I found this out at home by the pool. Husband splashed me and the mascara ran for the hills (down my face). So keep that mind if you plan on being somewhere that you might get wet.
Power Couple Alert: Paul Mitchell Hot Off the Press and InStyler Max
There's something about this new power couple that is just magical. When used together my hair stays straight and silky until I wash my hair again. I've used Hot off The Press with other hot tools and the effect isn't this amazing. My hair can't hold a curl past lunch and my natural waves usually start to show by the end of the day. With this combo though, I'm set all week. I'll wash my hair one day and after it drys, I style it with Hot Off the Press and the InStyler Max and when it's time to wash again three days later, it's still like it did at the beginning of on day one. The only upkeep that I have is dry shampoo when I start to get oily and then I'll rub in a hydrating hair product to lock the moisture and gloss back in and I'm back out the door. Lately I've been loving Alterna's Bamboo Beach BB Beach Balm for Hair which is designed to combat harsh summer conditions and adds a little shine to boot. Part of what I think helps the InStyler smooth my hair so well is the bristles. I feel like they are combing through to ensure that the lay flat on the hot barrel and they help eliminate frizz.

So that's everything for June. What have you been loving in the past month?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe