Quicky MAC Haul

11:52:00 AM


Yeah, so the Hilton that my husband picked for our business trip ended up having a MAC store basically outside the lobby. So we all know that I had to stop in and visit! I had actually been contemplating an order before that to use my $10 off $50 coupon. I figured that this was divine intervention. I would get to swatch all the things I wanted and then get them - immediately. I was not disappointed.


First thing I went for was the MAC Powder Blush in Pinch Me. I had had an eye on this blush for a while. This time of year I love to take on as much coral as I can. This is described as a medium dirty rose coral so it's right up my alley. I knew that I'd like the shade and as soon as I found it and swatched it, I was in love. It was a tense few seconds when the sales girl wasn't sure that she had it. I got back to the room and pulled out my blush brush and applied it immediately. This is my first MAC blush and after this one I'm ready to try more. Pinch Me applies like a dream. It's blendable and not too powdery. It's a sheertone blush so I expected a very sheer application and a subtle glow. It's actually more on the pigmented side. I don't have any issue with over-applying but you don't have to keep building up layers either. The color is a perfect rosy-coral. It's got that bright coral vibe but it's made way more neutral with the rose tone. On it just makes your cheeks look so radiant with a healthy pop of color. I'm excited to wear it with a neutral eye and MAC Patent Polish in Clever - a beautiful glossy lip pencil in a medium brick coral color.  I highly suggest trying this color out. 


I managed to get my hands on the stores last Brooke Candy Vamplify in Pamela. I was super excited (I might have squealed) but you could tell she was a little bummed. It's described as a Dirty Rose and I have read suggestions to pair it with the Lip Pencil in Whirl. I have a lot of dirty rose products from MAC lately - Pro Longwear Pencil in Morning Coffee, Lipstick in So Select, and the Velvet Tease Lip Pencil in Aim to Please is pretty close - but I love Whirl and anything that can be pair with Whirl is my kind of color. Throw in the two magic words - Limited Edition - and this had to be mine. I haven't really tried this out yet so check back for my thoughts on it. 


Last but not least I had a couple Pro Longwear Waterproof Colour Sticks picked out online. Once I got into the store and swatched them I ended up with two different shades. These eye crayons are super creamy and long wearing. My swatches lasted on my hands all day until I look a good scrubbing to my hand with a makeup remover. I ended up picking up Sweet Praline and Lilacked.  Sweet Praline is described as a Soft Peach. I thought this would be a little different from the world of nudes that I live in. I wore it as a base under my MAC Eyeshadow x 9 Dusky Rose eye look. It helped everything stay vibrant and last longer. Lilacked is a beautiful light purple with gold reflect. It's not my normal go to color but I'm excited to give it a try. Check back to see my thoughts on how I used it and how it wears.

Not a bad little haul. I'm happy with all my purchases thus far.

Have you picked up anything lately?

Do you have any thoughts on any of these products?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe